- Laser Engraving
- Laser engraving is a process where the laser beam physically removes the surface of the material to expose a cavity that reveals an image. The laser creates high
heat during the engraving process, which essentially causes the material to vaporize. The material is vaporized with each pulse of the laser and it creates a cavity in the
surface that is noticeable to the eye and touch. Deeper marks can be achieved by making multiple passes across the surface.
- This is the most common option used when we personalized or customized an item for a customer. We can engrave on almost any kind of non-metalic surface including: acrylic, wood, leather and glass.
- Laser Cutting
- Laser cutting is mainly a thermal process in which a focused laser beam is used to melt material in a localised area. A co-axial gas jet is used to eject the molten material and create a kerf. A continuous cut is produced by moving the laser beam or workpiece under CNC control. This process allows us to achieve a really fine level of cutting detail on with a wide variety of materials. Bare in mind that our lasers can’t cut metals and hard materials, they can however engrave them.
- Laser Marking
- Laser marking is what happens when the laser beam interacts with a chemical that has been applied to the surface of a material, slightly altering its properties or appearance.
It is achieved by moving a high-powered beam slowly across the surface of the part, which creates high-contrast marks without disrupting the material. The laser heats the chemical,
causing oxidation under the surface and turning the material black. All of this is done while leaving the surface intact.
- This process is popular in the medical device industry for stainless steel and titanium parts, but can be performed on other materials as well. Laser marking is ideal for bar codes, UID codes, QR codes, logos and other identification needs.
- Design Services
- When you have an idea but need some help making it perfect, please let us know. One of our designers will work closely with you to help bring your idea to life and create that perfect gift or product.